Friday, July 29, 2016

Tip Pool: How to tackle The Beast?

When we first opened, the serving staff agreed upon a simple tip pool. All card tips shared, divided by hours worked. Sales were consistent all day, so it averaged out well.

We have developed into a much heavier night venue, and shifts don't rotate much. Some of the new staff want to keep the tip pool, but have it split hourly. We still use paper timesheets (I know, I know...). So, does anyone have a creative solution on how we can go about this in an automated manner? I've seen some"free" time card aps, but I'm hesitant to switch something so important without knowing the product I'm getting. Plus, I need to find a way to integrate it with our current POS.

You all know how sticky this situation could get. Any thoughts on how to address this in a fair yet simple manner?

submitted by /u/Rock_N_Rye
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment