Monday, August 1, 2016

Looking for a POS system with tablets/iPads that will include a restaurant and a bar in Thailand

I'm working at a resort in Thailand where we currently do all of the bills manually, which is terribly ineffective. We also lose a lot of money because the staff forget to keep the bills for our hotel guests.

We have one restaurant which seats about 100 people maximum (it's usually not that crowded though) and a beach bar which people can order food to as well (they also order beer/wine/cocktails there of course). We plan to make the bar very busy this year.

I'm looking for a POS-system that can be used with iPads/tablets and some kind of order system so the bar staff can order food from the kitchen and vice versa. We also keep tabs for the people staying here, so it would be awesome if this was included as well.

Does anything like this exist? I did a quick search and got "Revel Systems" which is iPad based (http://revelsystems.com/). I have no idea if it's good or not though. I found a few others from this website too: http://www.toptenreviews.com/business/payment-processing/best-ipad-restaurant-pos-systems/

And does my location (Thailand) make things more complicated? Are the systems just "buy-iPads-install-app-and-go" or do you need someone to tailor the whole thing for you? What about servers, printers? How does it work? What happens if the internet malfunctions?

I have absolutely zero clue about any of this as I've done everything by hand since I started here. Any help is very appreciated!

Thank you!

submitted by /u/ThaiRestaurantz
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment