Friday, August 19, 2016

[Discussion/Question/Request] About food and labour cost at your restaurant.

In the article below it discusses how low pay is driving good cooks out of the kitchen. I know this has been a problem essentially across your profession. That said, I was wondering if maybe some of you fine folks would be willing to tell me what the cost difference of my meal would be if cooks were paid a better wage? For example (and the article pertains more to high end restaurants) could you tell me how the price of oyster Rockefeller might change on your menu? Or a pasta carbonara made from scratch if your cooks made 30$ an hour?

For fun, I would also like to hear how the cost of chicken wings would change at my local pub for those in that line of work.

http://torontolife.com/food/cooks-leaving-toronto-kitchens-corey-mintz/

submitted by /u/hockeyrugby
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment